Donations to MidwayUSA Foundation Team Endowment Accounts
ACUI provides awards as part of the ACUI Clay Targets Inc. 501(c)3 entity formed to manage the grant awarded by Larry and Brenda Potterfield.
ACUI has been a recipient of the grant since 2012 and will continue
to apply as long as it is available.
ACUI hosts both regional competitions and an international competition to not only provide student leadership
and competitive opportunities but also to promote the sport and therefore
allow for awards to be presented for participation, event results, and
for team fundraising efforts.
How your team can maximize your fundraising efforts with the help of the MidwayUSA Foundation:
- The award funds earned by teams are donated from ACUI to the MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account for the team earning the award.
- Teams must have a MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account in place with the MidwayUSA Foundation for the award to be donated. To set up a team endowment account, please visit www.midwayusafoundation.org/start-your-account. To understand the terms of holding an account please visit their website. ACUI does not pay teams directly but deposits awards in team accounts directly with the foundation.
you already have an account in your team name, please make plans to
have your account administered in perpetuity by applying for the annual
grant based on your team balance and keeping your team contact
information up to date.
- It’s helpful to have your team name in the ACUI database and the name on your foundation account
be the same. This avoids confusion when the donations are made.
- ACUI works with potential sponsors and partners like The Delta Resort and Spa to provide additional awards. For example, at the 2017 Eastern Super Shoot preregistrations bonuses will be placed by ACUI into a team’s MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account.
- All awards that include donations to a team endowment account at the MidwayUSA Foundation will be deposited by ACUI. Once donated, the funds belong to the MidwayUSA Foundation in the name of the team and are held in their endowment account. For donated team funds to be moved to another team endowment account, you must follow the MidwayUSA Foundation process.
The donations from ACUI to the MidwayUSAFoundation Team Endowment Accounts were established to benefit collegiate and youth shooting teams and are
made possible, in part, by grants to ACUI from the Tulsa Community
Foundation Youth Shooting Fund established and funded by the generosity of Larry and Brenda Potterfield.